Friday, October 18, 2019
Lucas Nights: The Art of the Card—Tarot and Lotería was an engaging evening exploring the classic card decks which use imagery to communicate narratives about the human experience. Figurative illustrations based on artwork by Art Nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha, who is represented by more than 60 works in the Lucas Museum collections, are regularly featured on tarot decks.
This enchanting evening under the stars in Exposition Park included:
- A conversation about the history of tarot and Lotería imagery through a panel discussion with Lucas Museum curator Erin M. Curtis, writer and scholar Gloria Arjona, and artist and tarot reader Marcella Kroll.
- Tarot and Lotería card making
- Live onstage tarot readings
- Lotería games
- Private tarot readings
- Raffles with treats from our Expo Park neighbors
- dublab DJ Wyldeflower
- Food trucks
- Cash bar
- Four Seasons - Spring - #1 of 4, c. 1896; Allegorie de la musique, c. 1898; La Plume, c. 1899 Alphonse Mucha